[AHS] [Arts] [Eng] [ES] [IS] [Math] [Sci] [Inter] [Calendar Top] [UW Home]


The admission categories, requirements and procedures for all programs are outlined in "Admissions" of this Calendar.

Transfer Students

Students may be accepted for transfer from other programs in the University or from other universities. Their programs will be evaluated in terms of the number of credits allowed and the number remaining for a degree. Normally transfer students will be required to complete a minimum of 50% of the course work while registered in the Faculty of Science. The Fourth Year of all Honours programs in Science, must be completed at the University of Waterloo. Credits will be transferred without a cumulative average and only for relevant courses with a 60% or better mark. Students applying to transfer to Co-operative programs in the Faculty of Science will not normally be admitted above the Year Two Term B level.

Admission as a Mature Student

Applicants are normally required to obtain standing in OAC Calculus and one of OAC Chemistry or Physics or their equivalent, in order to have the proper background for first-year University courses in these areas. To discuss admissibility, applicants are advised to contact the Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Science.

English Language Proficiency Requirement

All Faculty of Science students entering degree programs in September, 1982 or later, must write the English Language Proficiency Examination (ELPE) which is scheduled during registration week, with the exception of entrants with 80% or better in OAC English 1 taken in the most recent academic year, in the Province of Ontario. These students will not be required to write the ELPE examination.

Students writing the ELPE must achieve a passing grade of 50% or successfully complete the writing assignments of the University of Waterloo Writing Clinic in order to fulfill degree requirements.

Students who arrange a special sitting of the ELPE outside the scheduled dates will be assessed an administrative charge.

WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)

All students who have registered for any Faculty of Science course with a laboratory component, will need proof that they have attended a WHMIS session in order to enter the laboratory.

[AHS] [Arts] [Eng] [ES] [IS] [Math] [Sci] [Inter] [Calendar Top] [UW Home]

Infoucal@www.adm.uwaterloo.ca / University of Waterloo